Merry Christmas from ABR!
Dear ABR family,
The Christmas season is upon us with all of its joys and the normal stresses that are a part of this busy time of year. My hope for you and your family is that you will keep the birth of Jesus in clear focus and that the true joy of this beautiful time of celebration will remain ever fresh in your heart and mind. There is a special peace we receive from the Spirit of God as He reminds us of the simple yet glorious arrival of Jesus in a humble manger. May you experience that peace, a peace beyond all of your struggles or sadness, during this holy season.
Recently we let you know of our difficulties in meeting our financial needs and the response from the ABR family has been very encouraging as we come down to the final weeks of 2019. Our goal in December is to raise an additional $40,000 of support and to enter 2020 fiscally strong and well prepared to meet the needs of the ABR ministry.
Here are just a few of the highlights from 2019:
- ABR completed its third season of excavations at ancient Shiloh.
- Major discoveries at Shiloh have included 3 altar horns, a ceramic pomegranate, and a monumental building, all of which may be strong evidence of Israel’s 369 year history of worship at this important site. We believe it is powerful evidence!
- The evidence at the Shiloh excavation strongly affirms the biblical accounts and directly challenges those who dismiss this site and its history by use of the Documentary Hypothesis. Such theological sleight-of-hand cannot overcome the evidence.
- Henry Smith and Rick Lanser continue their groundbreaking research in critical areas of chronological studies: Genesis 5 and 11 and Daniel 9:24-27. Both of these projects are expected to lead to the publication of books on these important subjects.
- Dr. Bryant Wood and Dr. Scott Stripling (with the help of the ABR archaeology team) are working on completing the Khirbet el-Maqatir final reports by the end of 2020. It is our contention that the evidence points strongly to the conclusion that Maqatir is the Conquest city of Ai.
- ABR’s work has been the focus of over 100 news reports this year!
- ABR’s TV program, Digging for Truth, continues to generate thousands of views as the ABR staff discuss powerful evidence from archaeology that upholds the reliability of the Bible!
If you would like to partner with us and help us grow our outreach and impact in the world of biblical archaeology in 2020, please consider a generous year-end gift for ABR at this time. This will be our final appeal for this year and we trust that the Lord will prompt the hearts of all those called to help us at this time. We are grateful for the ABR family, for your prayers, and for your generous support throughout the year. On behalf of the Board and Staff of ABR, we wish you and your family a blessed and Christ-filled Christmas, and a joyful New Year!
To make a donation online: https://biblearchaeology.org/supportabr