Several packages are available for one, two, three, four or five week participants (diggers).
Excavation / Dig Costs
1. One Week Interval: check in Sunday PM, check out Saturday AM (or any similar one week interval) $1100
2. Two Week Interval: check in Sunday PM, check out 2nd Saturday AM (or any similar two week interval) $2000 [discounted]
3. Three Week Interval: check in Sunday PM, check out 3rd Saturday AM (or any similar three week interval) $2900 [better rate!]
4. Four Week Interval: check in Sunday July 4th PM, check out Saturday July 31st AM $3600 [best rate!]
5. Week 5 Restoration Week: August 2-6, check out Saturday Aug 7th AM $1200
includes 3 meals, park entrance fees, bus driver tip, bus transport, and hotel
1. Pre-Dig Tour: Sun June 27 (Saturday PM check in) to Sat July 3 (Sunday AM check out for those departing) $1600
2. Post-Dig Tour: Sun August 1 (Saturday PM check in) to Sun Aug 8 (Monday AM check out), 2021: $1600
3. Pre-Dig or Post-Dig Tour Price for those participants who dig one, two, or three weeks: $1400
4. Pre-Dig or Post-Dig Tour Price for those participants who dig four weeks: $800
These rates include:
- Double or Triple occupancy (SINGLE ROOMS MUST BE REQUESTED AND ARE LIMITED -- extra $55 per night and must be approved in advance)
- 3 meals a day (Lunch is ONLY included on Dig days, and not on weekends during the Dig season)
- Transport by bus to and from the Dig
- Evening education classes
NOTE: Diggers may join during any interval of time during the 5 weeks. At least two weeks of participation is preferred, but not required. Rates for participation other than 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks can be priced on an individual basis, depending on the availability of hotel rooms.
As a general statement, if you are able to arrive a day early, it will give you time to get acclimated to the time change. An extra non-dig night is $100 per person, double/triple occupany.
**PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS, INCLUDING FLIGHTS AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT.**
ABR does not arrange group flights.In order to minimize costs, travelers make their own flight arrangements in order to find the best deals possible. Students MAY be able to find discounts at: www.studentuniverse.com
A $500 per person deposit is due on a first come, first serve basis. We highly recommend sending in your deposit ASAP after you have completed your online registration to reserve your space.
- Full payment is due May 15, 2021 though we will take applications after that date ONLY if rooms are still available.
- Some Dig participants may be asked to bring $300 US Dollars cash to Israel and submit to the ABR staff as their final payment (deducted from their total payment accordingly). Many of our expenses are only payable in cash, and transporting large volumes of cash overseas poses security risks. Check cashing in Israel has also become very difficult due to legal restrictions. Thus, having some diggers bring their final payments in cash resolves these problems. Thanks for understanding!
Additional Dig Costs:
Holy Land Weekend Touring
During the Dig, three weekend trips will be made available to diggers. Park entrance fees, lunch, and bus and/or van costs are not included in package pricing above, but will be paid by participants while in Israel. The costs are very reasonable, about $40-$60 per day.
Contact Henry Smith, Adminstrative Director, with questions or for a price quote.
ABR office: 717-859-3443 / 800-430-0008
Next >> Travel Details
Quick Links: Shiloh Dig Home