Excavation / Dig Costs
Saturday January 1st (PM check in)
1. One Week: Sat Jan 1 to Sat Jan 8 [or any one week interval, Saturday to Saturday] (AM check out) $1200
2. Two Weeks: Sat Jan 1 to Sat Jan 15 [or any two week interval, Saturday to Saturday] (AM check out) $2100
3. Three Weeks: Sat Jan 1 to Sat Jan 22 (AM check out) $3000
4. Jan 8-9 or Jan 15-16: optional weekend touring (paid in cash in Israel)
These rates include:
- Double or Triple occupancy (SINGLE ROOMS MUST BE REQUESTED AND ARE LIMITED -- extra $60 per night and must be approved in advance)
- 3 meals a day (Lunch is ONLY included on Dig days, and not on weekends during the Dig season)
- Transport by bus to and from the Dig
- Evening education classes
(Participants are responsible for the cost of their flight which is not included in the dig costs listed above.)
****Because of COVID restrictions, volunteers will be required to travel to and from their country of origin in groups of five or more to qualify as a tour group and enter Israel. Because of these restrictions, check in dates and times will be restricted. More will be announced as Israel’s COVID policy evolves throughout the Fall of 2021.****
The owners of the Ritz Hotel will be upgrading our accommodations to the Ambassador Hotel: https://ambassadorcollection.com/ambassador-jerusalem-hotel/, which they also own. It is not far from the Ritz. It is located at: Ambassador Hotel | Nablus Road 5, Jerusalem. Phone: +972-2-541-2222
No deposits will be collected, but full payment is due December 17, 2021 (DATE UPDATED 11/29/21)
- Some Dig participants may be asked to bring $300 US Dollars cash to Israel and submit to the ABR staff as their final payment (deducted from their total payment accordingly). Many of our expenses are only payable in cash, and transporting large volumes of cash overseas poses security risks. Check cashing in Israel has also become very difficult due to legal restrictions. Thus, having some diggers bring their final payments in cash resolves these problems. Thanks for understanding!
Additional Dig Costs:
Holy Land Weekend Touring
During the Dig, three weekend trips will be made available to diggers. Park entrance fees, lunch, and bus and/or van costs are not included in package pricing above, but will be paid by participants while in Israel. The costs are very reasonable, about $50-$75 per day.
Contact Henry Smith, Adminstrative Director, with questions or for a price quote.
ABR office: 717-859-3443 / 800-430-0008
Next >> Travel Details
Quick Links: Shiloh Dig Home