REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
"GO NOW TO MY PLACE THAT WAS IN SHILOH, WHERE I MADE MY NAME DWELL..." Jeremiah 7:12
The Shiloh Excavation is one of ABR’s most important research projects. The Tabernacle stood at Shiloh for 300 years, where the people of Israel gathered to worship. This is where the Ark of the Covenant resided! We have a number of core goals for the Shiloh dig:
- Investigate the location of the biblical tabernacle and any associated structures.
- Uncover evidence of the biblical sacrificial system.
- Understand daily life in Israel at the time of the Conquest and the period of the Judges.
- Introduce the new technologies of wet-sifting and computerization in the field.
- Equip students and volunteers with the knowledge and skills needed to scientifically excavate in the Land of the Bible.
- Build on the regional understanding of life in the Highlands of Israel gained by ABR's previous excavations at Khirbet Nisya (1979-2002) and Khirbet el-Maqatir (1995-2016).
SHILOH SPRING DIG 2023
REGISTRATION OPENS September 2022
May-June 2023 Shiloh Excavation Dates. More details and registration forms are available here.
Pre-Dig Tour: Sat PM 5/13 check in, tour Sun 5/14 AM to Sun 5/21 AM check out (diggers will remain at hotel)
Week One Excavation: 5/22 to 5/26
Weekend Tour: Sunday 5/28 (optional, pay in cash in Israel, not part of pricing)
Week Two Excavation: 5/29 to 6/2
Weekend Tour: Sunday 6/4 (optional, pay in cash in Israel, not part of pricing)
Week Three Excavation: 6/5 to 6/9
Weekend Tour: Sunday 6/11 (optional, pay in cash in Israel, not part of pricing)
Week Four Excavation: 6/12 to 6/16
Post-Dig Tour: check in Sat 6/17, tour Sun 6/18 to Mon 6/26 AM check out
Week Five Restoration: Sunday 6/18 to Sat 6/24 AM check out