The Ministry of Antiquities of Egypt recently completed the restoration of a statue of Ramses II at the Luxor Temple. The statue, which is 11 meters tall and weighs 75 tons, was re-erected after more than 1000 years. It was discovered in 1958 in 57 pieces after having been destroyed in an earthquake, likely in the fourth century BC. The colossal statue depicts Ramses II in a standing position wearing the double crown, and has a 1.5-meter statue of his wife, Nefertari, beside him. It originally stood in front of Luxor's first pylon along with five other statues - four of Ramses II standing, and two of him seated. Ramses II, also known by his Greek name, Ozymandias, ruled Egypt in the 13th century BC, during the time of the judges, according to biblical chronology.