Shiloh Spring 2024 Excavation
Excavation / Tour Costs
1. Pre-Dig Tour: $1850 (check in Sat 5/11 PM, tour Sun 5/12 AM to Sun 5/19 AM check out [Diggers remain at hotel])
2. One Week: $1100 (any one week interval, Sun PM check in to Sat AM check out)
3. Two Weeks: $2100 (any two week interval, Sun PM check in to second Sat AM check out)
4. Three Weeks: $3000 (any three week interval, Sun PM check in to third Sat AM check out)
5. Four Weeks: $3700 (Sun 5/19 PM check in to Sat 6/15 AM check out)
6. Post-Dig Tour: $1975 (Sat 6/15 PM check in, tour Sun 6/16 to Mon 6/24 AM check out)
7. 5th Week -- Restoration Team: $950 (Sun 6/16 PM check in to Sat 6/22 AM check out)
These rates include:
- Double or Triple occupancy (SINGLE ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY BY REQUEST)
- 3 meals a day (Lunch is ONLY included on Dig days, and not on weekends during the Dig season. However, lunch IS included on the pre and post Dig Tours)
- Transport by bus to and from the Dig
- Evening education classes
PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR THEIR OWN TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS, INCLUDING FLIGHTS AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT
ABR does not arrange group flights. In order to minimize costs, travelers make their own flight arrangements in order to find the best deals possible. Students MAY be able to find discounts at www.studentuniverse.com
A $500 per person deposit is due on a first come, first serve basis. We highly recommend sending in your deposit ASAP after you have completed your online registration to reserve your space.
- Full payment is due MARCH 24, 2024 though we will take applications after that date ONLY if rooms are still available.
- Some Dig participants may be asked to bring $400 US Dollars cash to Israel and submit to the ABR staff as their final payment (deducted from their total payment accordingly). Many of our expenses are only payable in cash, and transporting large volumes of cash overseas poses security risks. Check cashing in Israel has also become very difficult due to legal restrictions. Thus, having some diggers bring their final payments in cash resolves these problems. Thanks for understanding!
Additional Dig Costs:
Holy Land Weekend Touring
During the Dig, three weekend trips will be made available to diggers. Park entrance fees, lunch, and bus and/or van costs are not included in package pricing above, but will be paid by participants while in Israel. The costs are very reasonable, about $60-$75 per day.
Saturday May 11: Pre-Dig Tour participants check in at the Ritz Hotel
Sunday May 12 to Saturday May 18: Pre-Dig Tour
Sunday May 19: Pre-Dig Tourists not joining Shiloh Dig check out.
Sunday May 19: Supervisors organize work areas at Shiloh. Volunteers are welcome to help. Check in PM for volunteers at the Ritz/Ambassador Hotel. Arrangements may be made for earlier check in at additional cost, but there is no guarantee of room availability. Check with ABR to confirm availability and pricing for early check in. Do not contact the hotel directly to make reservations. Dig Orientation is at 7 PM on the Mezzanine level. Follow the crowd.
Monday May 20 to Friday May 24: Dig at Shiloh. Week One.
Saturday May 25: Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Sunday May 26: Optional Weekend Touring. Cost: $50 to $60 with entry fees. (Diggers pay for this optional tour in Israel in cash, not in advance). Destinations: TBA
Monday May 27– Friday May 31: Dig at Shiloh. Week Two.
Saturday June 1: Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Sunday June 2: Optional Weekend Touring. Cost: $50 to $60 with entry fees. (Diggers pay for this optional tour in Israel in cash, not in advance). Destination: TBA
Monday June 3 – Friday June 7: Dig at Shiloh. Week Three.
Saturday June 8. Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Sunday June 9: Optional Weekend Touring. Cost: $50 to $60 with entry fees. (Diggers pay for this optional tour in Israel in cash, not in advance). Destinations: TBA
Monday June 10 – Friday June 16: Dig at Shiloh. Week Four.
Saturday June 15: Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Saturday June 15: Post-Dig Tour participants check in PM.
Sunday June 16 – Monday June 24: Post Dig Tour
Monday June 17– Friday June 21: Restoration work at Shiloh. Volunteers are welcome.
Monday June 24: Post Dig Tour participants check out AM.
Contact Henry Smith, Adminstrative Director, with questions or for a price quote.
ABR office: 717-859-3443 / 800-430-0008
Next >> Travel Details
Quick Links: Shiloh Dig Home