General Information | Cost | Travel Details | Online Registration
SHILOH Spring 2024 Excavation
All subject to change without notice (UPDATED 06/21/2023)
We are looking for those who wish to join us as volunteer participants (no experience needed!) in what is likely to be a historic season of digging at ancient Shiloh. Each year ABR also offers Pre-dig and Post-dig Tours of important sites in Israel let by our ABR professional dig staff that you will not want to miss. The tours are open to everyone interested, whether you are a digger during our excavations at Shiloh or not. So the opportunity to tour is open to all!
The Shiloh Spring Excavation will be conducted for 5 weeks with the first four weeks designated for digging and the fifth week is for restoration.
- Participants may choose to join for one, two, three, four, or all five weeks from Sunday [3 PM check in time] to the following Saturday [AM check out time].
Pre & Post-Dig Tours are also available before and after the dates of the Shiloh dig excavations for any interested person as well as offered at reduced prices for any dig participant.
- Tour includes 3 meals, park entrance fees, bus driver tip, bus transport, and hotel.
- The Excavation and Tour teams will be staying at the RITZ HOTEL, 8 Ibn Khaldoun Street, Jerusalem, Israel.
Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- Possible tour sites MAY include: Caesarea, Cana, Nazareth, Megiddo, Capernaum, Bethsaida, Beth Shean, Jericho, Qumran, Bethlehem, Elah Valley, City of David, Hezekiah's Tunnel, Israel Museum, Masada, Ein Gedi, Dead Sea, Western Wall, Temple Mount, Old City, and Holy Sepulcher.
Excavation / Tour Costs
1. Pre-Dig Tour: $1850 (check in Sat 5/11 PM, tour Sun 5/12 AM to Sun 5/19 AM check out [Diggers remain at hotel])
2. One Week: $1100 (any one week interval, Sun PM check in to Sat AM check out)
3. Two Weeks: $2100 (any two week interval, Sun PM check in to second Sat AM check out)
4. Three Weeks: $3000 (any three week interval, Sun PM check in to third Sat AM check out)
5. Four Weeks: $3700 (Sun 5/19 PM check in to Sat 6/15 AM check out)
6. Post-Dig Tour: $1975 (Sat 6/15 PM check in, tour Sun 6/16 to Mon 6/24 AM check out)
7. 5th Week -- Restoration Team: $950 (Sun 6/16 PM check in to Sat 6/22 AM check out)
Saturday May 11: Pre-Dig Tour participants check in at the Ritz Hotel
Sunday May 12 to Saturday May 18: Pre-Dig Tour
Sunday May 19: Pre-Dig Tourists not joining Shiloh Dig check out.
Sunday May 19: Supervisors organize work areas at Shiloh. Volunteers are welcome to help. Check in PM for volunteers at the Ritz/Ambassador Hotel. Arrangements may be made for earlier check in at additional cost, but there is no guarantee of room availability. Check with ABR to confirm availability and pricing for early check in. Do not contact the hotel directly to make reservations. Dig Orientation is at 7 PM on the Mezzanine level. Follow the crowd.
Monday May 20 to Friday May 24: Dig at Shiloh. Week One.
Saturday May 25: Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Sunday May 26: Optional Weekend Touring. Cost: $50 to $60 with entry fees. (Diggers pay for this optional tour in Israel in cash, not in advance). Destinations: TBA
Monday May 27– Friday May 31: Dig at Shiloh. Week Two.
Saturday June 1: Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Sunday June 2: Optional Weekend Touring. Cost: $50 to $60 with entry fees. (Diggers pay for this optional tour in Israel in cash, not in advance). Destination: TBA
Monday June 3 – Friday June 7: Dig at Shiloh. Week Three.
Saturday June 8. Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Sunday June 9: Optional Weekend Touring. Cost: $50 to $60 with entry fees. (Diggers pay for this optional tour in Israel in cash, not in advance). Destinations: TBA
Monday June 10 – Friday June 16: Dig at Shiloh. Week Four.
Saturday June 15: Diggers check out AM from the Ritz Hotel. FREE DAY.
Saturday June 15: Post-Dig Tour participants check in PM.
Sunday June 16 – Monday June 24: Post Dig Tour
Monday June 17– Friday June 21: Restoration work at Shiloh. Volunteers are welcome.
Monday June 24: Post Dig Tour participants check out AM.
Next >> Cost
Quick Links: Shiloh Dig Home